Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas #4

I had Christmas all over again today.  I've had 4 Christmases this year... or is it three Christmases in 2010 and the first one so far in 2011?

Christmas #1 - with my kids two weeks before the actual holiday because they would be with their dad.

Christmas #2 -  on Christmas Eve with my family.

Christmas #3 -  on the actual day with my best/closest friends.

Christmas #4 -  when my kids came home.  The anticipation of waiting for my kids to get here was in itself like Christmas morning.  You.just.can't.wait.

I spent the afternoon playing Wii games with my daughter, playing "Go Fish" with my son, and helping the kids make garden stones.

Then my family showed up.  Christmas all over again (number 5?).  Since the kids were gone, my mom hadn't had the chance to give my kids their gifts.  Wrapping paper went flying, excited kids were running around and the adults (or at least me) wished we could go back to being a kid again.

Christmas treated me well this year, but I think I'm just about burned out now.

No comments: