Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Life & Chocolates

"Life is like a box of chocolates.... you never know what you're gonna get." That's one of the most famous quote and probably most widely used - but I have to say it hasn't gotten boring yet... at least to me. I've always liked that quote. Why? Because well, it's actually true. None of those boring, stupid lame lines like "The grass is greener on the other side." DUH! Everyone thinks the grass is greener on the other side but no one ever thinks about how it's NOT greener to the person that's actually LIVING that life.

I wasn't planning to write a blog tonight but I figured - why not? I'm feeling wide awake among other things. I figured I wanted to see if my writing changed at all. Maybe it will. Maybe it wont. You be the judge of that and let me know.

Hmm, what to say? Life in general sucks, doesn't it? But right now - I don't really have any complaints. Yeah, I'm going through some tough times but who isn't? With the gas right now at ridiculous stupid $5.00 a gallon in Cali and almost $4.00 a gallon in Texas - who isn't miserable? Food prices are on the rise too. Economy sucks right now. It's ok - blame the war. Everyone does. It's better to have something to blame other than yourself. And you know what people? Your stimulus check isn't actually FREE money. It's "borrowed" money from your next year's tax refund. Did you know that? If you didn't check yahoo news frequently and are clueless, you probably didn't know that. I feel sorry for the suckers out there that spent all their $600-$1800 on clothing and stuff thinking it's all free money. They'll find out next year that their tax refunds are reduced and they'll be stuck knee-deep in credit card debt. Ha-ha. Who's laughing now?

Ok - enough about life. That's depressing. Let's talk about chocolates - that's much much better! I personally prefer dark chocolates. Yummy. Milk chocolate = ok but dark chocolate = orgasm. It's the best. I keep seeing advertisements for dark chocolates that it's also a natural antioxidant. It prevents cancer (supposedly)! All the more reason to eat tons of dark chocolates a day! Yummy. But - it'll cause pimples, some people believe. Yeah right. It'll also cure headaches too, but that's my personal belief.

And you know what's also bugging me? Stupid spam forwards from people who keep sending me info that's totally false. Here's news to you people - ever check out Snopes.com? PLEASE, please, for the sake of mankind, check your information there first before you send me the stupid forward! It's pretty annoying when I get false info. You'd be surprised just how many people agree with me.

Since I'm talking very randomly about random stuff that random people randomly think about (seeing the pattern here?), one last random topic of the night - sleeping. Did you know that on average, we sleep away basically 1/2 of our life away? If we were alive for 100 years, we slept approximately 50 years of it. That's a bummer! Since I'm 26, I have already slept approximately 13 years of my life away! That really really sucks! I want to see things, explore the world, travel, see whatever exciting fun things there are to see. But I LOVE to sleep. I could sleep up to 12-14 hours a day if I didn't have responsibilities to attend to. That also meant sleeping my life away. Talk about double-standards. Oh well. I hope that in this life, I get to sleep all I want AND travel the world, see everything there is to see. We'll see if I get to accomplish that. Let's see if ANYBODY gets to accomplish that.

If there's anyone out there that was capable of sleeping all they wanted AND still saw the entire world (the important, amazing, fun, beautiful parts of it), let me know your secret. I want in on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this blog =P it's how I feel at times...pick here...pick pick here...complain...reason...all makes sense to me! MM