Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bits & Pieces

Well, I guess it's about time I wrote another blog. It's been almost a month. It seems that as the months go by, the less and less I write. I hope this isn't a permanent fixture in my blog future. I hope to keep writing for as long as possible, and certainly more than just a couple times a month.

I guess I could attribute the lack of blogs to my being busy. The funny thing is, I wasn't really up to much but it feels like I was busy. I spent the last couple weeks just hanging out, watching movies and sleeping in. Of course, I did a couple of errands here and there and went out of town once or twice. My kids were home recently for a couple of weeks so they kept me busy.

My son turned 2 two weeks ago. We celebrated by taking him to Chuck E Cheese for a couple of hours. Then there was a small party a couple days later.

I've had a tough couple of days recently. It seemed like my world was about to crash down around me; mostly due to my stupid mistakes and others due to circumstances I couldn't control. Starting around mid-June, my streak of bad luck started. I lost my purse. Then 4 weeks later, after buying a new purse, new wallet and getting new cards, I lose my purse again. This time, with my Sidekick in it. So, I had to get another one. Let's just say that from that point on, I just kept suffering from mishaps. The biggest stress of all was school. My entire life, I had never received an F on any of my assignments until now. I received my very first F on a research paper. From there, I kept getting F's after F's on each section of the research paper. I was furious, upset, angry and stressed. After a couple of weeks, lots of emails to the dumb professor (who I sincerely believe is biased), and lots of editing, I'm happy to say my final draft received a B. I ended up passing the course. Hooray!

Last week, I got a job interview... finally! It's all thanks to P. She found the job, got the job and her boss needed more people. Thank God P thought of me. What a nice friend. Because of her, I was able to get a full-time job. And you know what? I hate to admit it but at 26, this is my first full-time job. All other jobs I've had were all part-time.

Having a full-time job is satisfying. I actually feel a little better about myself now. Maybe now I'm worth something. Let me tell you, I hate my job, but I'm proud of the fact that I HAVE a job. I've only been working a couple of days so I'm still trying to get into a routine. Getting up at 6am after a full summer of waking up at Noon or past, it really sucks.

Maybe my getting a job (finally) means something. Hopefully, more good things will come in the near future. I'm hoping it's my state paralegal certification. This means a better job, more money and doing something I like. I took the test approximately 4 weeks ago so I should be getting my results any day now...fingers crossed!

I guess I oughta focus on improving my blog a little bit. Lately, it's just been like a sporadic diary, giving details of my life. I have thoughts and opinions so I guess I should make good use of them and put them into blogs. So keep a look out, more's coming soon.... I just don't know when.

No comments: