Thursday, February 26, 2009

Battling an Addiction

So... I learned something new about myself today. I hear all the time that you could live with someone your whole life and still be learning new things about him/her everyday. Try living with yourself and learning new things everyday...

Since starting my internship 5 weeks ago (and what 5 long weeks it has been!), I have settled into a daily routine that has become predictable and sometimes comfortable. When something comes up and drives a wedge in my plans, it irritates me.

Every week like clockwork, I start to feel myself getting tired and worn down by Wednesday morning. I guess it mainly has to do with going to bed late on Tuesday nights. By Wednesday afternoon, I'm slightly irritated. By Thursday morning, I am desperately in need of coffee to be able to function. Well, guess what? Today, I went out the door and forgot my coffee. Yes, I forgot it. How? I'll never know.

My name is M and I have a problem. I am addicted to coffee. When I don't have my coffee (especially on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday morning), I am not a happy camper. I'm irritated by everything and exhausted of being alive. Of course, there's a simple solution to this. I could simply just get into bed earlier each night. Ha. It'll never happen. I just have way too much on my plate. Definitely do not have enough hours in the day....

All I can say right now is ... Thankfully, it'll be Friday tomorrow and I will NOT forget my coffee!

"I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee." Author Unknown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

M,

You can always join CA to help with your addiction.

B