Wednesday, April 22, 2009

1 Year and 21 Days Later

This past year has passed by extremely quick for me. I opened my blog and published my first three entries on April 1, 2008. A year of writing has passed me by - and I didn't even notice it until now.

I still enjoy writing and hope to continue writing for years to come. However, my biggest fear is running out of things, or meaningful things, to say. I think I ran out of things to say after my first week of writing. Ha-ha.

I have always tried to force myself to write and to write often... not because I wanted to have lots and lots of entries (well, maybe), but because I enjoy writing and would like to improve my creativity. After a while, I decided that the quantity of entries shouldn't matter - I should be focused on the quality.

Another problem I face with writing is picking something to write about. It's hard for me to decide whether it's meaningful or just random thoughts. Sometimes I might get the urge to write about something particular that's happened to me or something I saw. A few hours later, by the time I get to a computer or have time to collect my thoughts, I decide that it's not worth writing about. Maybe that's my problem. I'm always afraid that whatever I write will be boring to others. So, when in doubt, I don't write.

I've started to try to change my eating habits and improve my physical activity level. For some reason, thinking about that has made me think about wanting to improve my writing - or writing more. For the next year, I will strive to write what I'm thinking and feeling. I will write more about what I am going through. Even if I think it might be boring reading material, it might be beneficial to myself in the future. It will give me something to reflect on.

No comments: