Saturday, September 26, 2009

Is It Over Yet?

Wow, I really need to get back to writing more often. After reviewing my last post - I realized just how behind my blog is. So much has happened in my life in just a short period of time. I am having a hard time coping with everything but I'm thrilled with the path my life is taking. Just take it one day at a time, right? Wouldn't hurt to have friends to talk to about it :)

Well - first things first, I didn't take that ASL job offer. First I thought I might take it, then decided "absolutely not." Then a few days later, I woke up feeling anxious about my bills and thought that money would be the way to go. More money = bills paid = happy life, huh? Probably not. I've searched within myself and asked different types of friends for their advice. Funny thing is - I don't even know why I asked for their advice because I already knew what type of responses I'd get from each of them....

J - sure enough, he told me to go for what would make me happy and not for the money. Probably because he went for the money and is miserable.

R and C - Both told me to go for the money. Obviously because they'd like to have better opportunities and their bills paid.

Everyone else - "That's something you have to decide for yourself." Gee - big help from them.

As you can see, after talking to a select few friends - I was getting nowhere.

So.... one morning, I woke up and decided - I better talk to my boss about the possibility of leaving. I talked to her and after a long and productive chat, she convinced me to stay. I have to say - I'm extremely happy with my decision right now.

Now - about the house... yes, I can't resist. 4 MORE DAYS!!! I cannot WAIT to finally move into a house where there's room for my children and dog to run around in. The backyard is super and extremely roomy. I see the possibility of having get-togethers at the house... yay!

I'll say this now... L & P - you guys would be the first people I'd invite. You guys mean lots to me!

Everyday whether I'm packing, watching TV, working or driving - my mind wanders over to the house and the tons of opportunities I'd have. I thought I'd record them here so that I don't forget my ambitions!

1. I'd love to get some canvases and just splash and flick on it to make abstract paintings. Wouldn't that be so cool!?

2. I would really like to get into the garage (or backyard) and try my hand at spray-can painting again. I adore the painting I made over 10 years ago and would like to make more.

3. I really need to have a space where I can do scrapbooking and finally finish the 5 quilts I've started. My bedroom is HUGE so I can set up a nice desk with organizing drawers next to it in the corner of my room for all my craft supplies. One reason why I don't do puzzles or scrapbooking is because my kids will get into them or my cats will sit on them and scatter everything around. With tons of space in my bedroom, I'm hoping I'll be motivated to finish my projects. I can lock my kids, dog and J out of my room and FOCUS! Looks like a trip to "The Container Store" is in the near future! Or probably Hobby Lobby would be good enough.

4. I've always wanted to try my hand at decorating. It takes money and I never felt the need to go all out at an apartment. But I'm hoping that this time around, I'll roll my sleeves up and put some nice looking stuff (and not too expensive) in the house and make it feel like a home.

5. I'd LOVE to get a big flat-screen TV. I'll have the space for it now. Yay!

6. My neighborhood has a walking trail by a creek (or a bayou, whatever it is) and sidewalks all over the place. I'm going to start rollerblading again and allow my kids to ride their bikes on the sidewalks so that we could all get some exercise. Who knows if I'll keep up with it.

7. I can finally get back to working out with my Jillian DVD! I bought it last summer and it requires jumping jacks and stuff like that. There's people below me that doesn't appreciate my working-out, so once I move into the house - I'll have the go-ahead to jump all I want. When I started on the DVD, I worked out 6 days straight and was seeing the difference by day 3. I've LOVE to start feeling that way again!

8. More to come.... :)

No comments: