Saturday, September 5, 2009

Movin' On Up!

Well, it's been a while since I've been back. I don't think I'll be able to write as much as I could before. That's a bummer. Having a full-time job really takes a lot out of a person..

A lot has happened in the last month. Since getting a job (which was supposed to be temporary), I've been promoted to a full-time position that is permanent. I was also given a raise. Two raises, actually - but that's not important....

With my new permanent job and income, I decided it was time to start looking for a new place to live. Almost 4 years here at the apartment on the 3rd floor is enough for me. In order to afford all the deposits, the moving expenses, start up fees, etc - I needed a roommate.. and a roommate I got!

I signed the lease papers on the house on Thursday and I am so thrilled. I am eagerly anticipating moving into a roomy house with a backyard for my children and dog to play in. This house is a little over 2,000 sq feet, has 3 bedrooms and a game room upstairs. We plan on converting the game room into a bedroom for one of the kids. With my roommate helping out with a little bit of the rent, I'm going to be paying LESS than what I am paying now for my apartment. How good is that!?

The kitchen is huge and will be a nice upgrade from the small one I have in my apartment. I no longer have to worry about my children or dog being too loud and bothering the people underneath us...

I took some pictures of the house on my phone when we went to do out final walk-through to make sure we still like the house... and like it, we did!


This.. is the pantry. Huge, huh?


Backyard

Living Room - view from the kitchen. That door is the front door.


Standing in the same place in the kitchen... to the left of the living room is this breakfast room. The living room and breakfast room is divided by a 1/2 wall.



This is the kitchen - view from standing in the breakfast room. Don't worry - that wall isn't pink. It's just bad lighting! If it IS pink (and I think I would have noticed), that wall will be the first I will paint... if I ever do paint.
Nice house, huh? :) I didn't take pics of the upstairs because it's just too much to take pictures of... Ya'll come and visit once I get settled in... ya'hear?!

No comments: