Thursday, July 3, 2008

Confessions of a summer addict

Confession #1:
Please forgive me for I have cyber-sinned. It has been 29 days since my last blog. What can I say? I've been busy. I've been enjoying my summer, it's actually turning out to be a very entertaining one. My days have been nicely balanced to the point where I'm absolutely lazy on some days and fairly active on other days. Of course, my definition of "active" is getting out of the apartment for a couple hours a day. I have to admit - I think I've been a lot more lazy than I have been active. What have I been doing? Mostly, I've been sleeping in, watching movies and seeing friends. I work and do homework on the side. Obviously, it's not a huge priority for me. In the summer, I don't think it's anyone's priority.

There's just something about summer that makes me feel different. Maybe it's the trickle of sweat dripping down my neck. Gotta love Texas in the summer. If you can't make it in the heat in the south, you can't make it anywhere else - that's for sure. Whenever summer rolls around, I get itchy. There's places to go, people to see, things to do. I've done my share of seeing and doing this summer mixed in with a whole lot of nothing - the best kind of nothing.

I have another confession to make. I'm a fun-loving addict. If I had the money and no responsibility to work and school, I'd be out of here exploring the world right now. I'd be trekking in the Andes, swimming with the sharks and sleeping in the Amazon. Well, maybe not. But you get the idea. Summertime just brings out the best in me, I guess. I get adventurous. I want to do this and that. I guess it's up to me to make it happen.

Let's play a little word association game here. When I think summer - I think beaches. I think swimming. I think of beautiful paradise islands with the water so clear, you'd see yellow puddles whenever you peed. Yes - the water's THAT clear. I've fallen in love with these two pictures that you see here. In a nutshell, they describe what I think summer should be.

Ready for a 3rd confession? I've become addicted to the TV and the Bachelorette. Yes - sad, isn't it? I've been following the series closely, which is surprising. I've come to learn that summertime also means a multitude of reality shows. There's so many that have come out just recently that I've been prone to watch.

Wipeout, Bachelorette, America's Got Talent, The Mole, I Survived a Japanese Game Show (and later, Last Comic Standing). This summer's reality show line-up is pretty interesting. I've been entertained by them so far.

Well, I'm going to cut this blog short. Like I said, there's places to go and people to see. I'm off to a friend's house for dinner and some movies tonight. But I'll be back - hopefully tomorrow.

No comments: