Monday, July 7, 2008

Weekend Fun

I didn't make it back the next day like I thought but oh well. What am I going to do about it? I had a pretty interesting 4th. I spent the day swimming in luxury. Let's just say I could have sworn I was in Florida. Details not important here - just that I had a nice time. My friends and I headed back over to that house the very next day for some more fun in the sun....until UFC came on. Sure, that was fun for the guys at the party but how lame is watching two guys beat each other to a pulp? If they're that sadistic/masochistic on pay-per-view, I wonder what they're like in bed. Scary.

To top it all off, I watched another movie: Sweeney Todd. I really liked that movie! Maybe I'm just weird but I was just so fascinated by the whole concept, the wardrobe, and the cinematography. The movie's really sad too. I would recommend anybody who hasn't seen it to go out and rent it.

Earlier today, something occurred to me. As much fun as I'm having this summer so far, I think I can literally feel my brain cells disappearing. If it's possible at all, I feel like I'm dumber (save your wisecracks, J). There's just something about summer that makes everybody's brains turn into mush. Yeah - I think it's the sun, it's too close to our heads.

I don't think I've had a decent fulfilling conversation with anybody about anything lately. We've all just been talking about nothing. Mindless, carefree conversations that really don't mean anything but just to bond and pass the time. God knows I went through enough of that the past weekend. I can only remember 3 different sets of conversations (in different variations) throughout the entire weekend: sex (when you put together a lot of tipsy males around a couple of females, that's all you'll ever hear. I think I've heard enough comments to last me a lifetime), sports and gossiping about others.

How is it possible to go through an entire weekend talking to people but not really coming away from it with anything at all? Fun and games is alright for a while, but eventually - there's just gotta be some substance in the conversations if you want to stay sane and feel intellectually stimulated. I know I'm craving for it.

Intellectually stimulate me... please!

No comments: