Saturday, September 13, 2008

The aftermath...

I slept like a baby. After watching the news for a while, I went to
sleep at 1am. And I didn't wake up until 11. I guess I could say I
missed the storm.

There's no power at my parents' house, which sucks. But I have my trusty
Sidekick so I can keep in touch with people, check the news on the
Internet and of course, write my blog. Later on today, I'm going to
check my apartment out.

There isn't much damage around here. Just a couple of big branches that
broke from trees. The neighbor lost his fence. There's a dog roaming
the streets. I wonder if he had shelter overnight. If he didn't,
obviously he's ok.

The storm was overrated, just as I thought. Sure, Houston might be a
mess and there's no power (2 to 3 million without power), the storm
itself wasn't too destructive. My current challenge is to figure out
how to pass my time until the power comes back on.

It's time to go back to our roots. To live by candlelight and actually
engage in conversation with people to pass the time. It would be a good
time to get a bunch of friends together, play party games and chat....
The kids here are not having any problems with boredom. They're taking
turns putting a bicycle air pump in their belly buttons and pumping air
into it. Whatever floats your boat.

For breakfast, I had a couple of mini-cans of fruit and a few Kudos
bars. For lunch, I suppose I'll have a peanut butter sandwich. Maybe
some apples with the peanut butter.

Not much news here, just that we're all ok. I've been in touch with
more people this morning than I have all week, checking on each other to
make sure we're all ok.

Ike, thanks for visiting, but don't come back.

No comments: