Friday, October 17, 2008

Hello, Google!

I always thought that websites that let you get everything in one place was lame. I was never a fan of being able to use a bunch of different stuff or read a bunch of different stuff on one website. Usually, I get bored with the website (probably the layout or the design) that eventually I just started marking everything as "read" and then later, stopped going to the website completely.

I much preferred going to each of the individual websites like Google, Yahoo, MSN, Snopes, etc to get information there. The "all in one" websites don't usually include EVERYTHING and God forbid, I miss something funny or interesting.

I've used Google for years, but mostly the search engine. I prefer the Google search engine over Yahoo's anytime. My blogs are posted on Blogger - which is owned by Google. Recently, I started exploring and discovered much more to Google than just their search engine, email and blog. Because I have a Google account, I have access to tons of Google services, with Reader being one of them. One day, I checked it out. And I liked what I saw.

Reader is an application that puts all the news, blogs and stuff all in one place. So one day, I started subscribing to whatever interested me - news, photography, cooking, blogs and so forth. Every once in a while, I spend time reading everything. Very convenient. I read Yahoo news, MSN news and Google news all on one page. I even check out Snopes using Google Reader. Anything that I like, I share.

You can see everything that I've shared on the side of my blog. They're photos, news and info that I have found interesting.

Go on, check it out.

No comments: