Monday, August 3, 2009

Still Recovering

I went on a camping trip over the weekend. Today, I'm still trying to recover. Even though I didn't do much but sit, talk and hang out - sleeping on a hard ground (or NOT sleeping) can really do a number on you! I am so glad to be back at home and in my own bed. In fact, I slept 14 hours!!! Today, I woke up past 1pm and then went back to sleep at 3. Took a nice long 3 hour nap. I THINK I'm caught up now. Whew.

The water was really low in many parts so we decided it was safer to just stay at the campgrounds and chill. I was thankful for that. I wasn't in the mood to be sitting uncomfortably in a tube for hours on end getting sunburned on my front side. Overall, it was a good trip.

I said I'd post pictures so here's a few.
Made a pit stop at Buc-ees! The photo was rotated but won't show up correctly here. Oh well.

Doesn't it look calm and serene?
Me and the river
Just sitting and chilling - that's what we did during all our waking hours!
I think he's camera-shy
Perfect picture to show how exhausted we all were! I think he's the only one who took a nap!

Me and Robert being silly in the river. See how low it is? Just a few feet over, the water was down to our ankles. And yes, I'm drinking water. Ew!

No comments: