Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Simplicity

Ah, to be young again. I constantly wish and dream that I could jump into a time machine and press rewind. Life was so simple back then. All we had to do as children was to have fun... our parents took care of everything..

This is what being young means to me: it means that you could play in the mud all day. You didn't have to work. The biggest responsibility we had was to clean our room. Our biggest worry was whether other kids liked us. We spent hours arguing over who was cooler: G.I. Joe or Barbie (I always hated Barbie). We played Cops and Robbers. We spent countless days in the summer playing in the pool. Our life was ruined when mom and dad wouldn't let us have ice cream, and finally, $1 was the greatest thing in the world.

Now that we're all adults, life isn't simple anymore. We have jobs, bills, responsibilities and reputations to uphold. And guess what? $100 isn't much to us. It's funny how one second, life could be great and the next, it would suck. As a child, life sucked because of one thing (not getting a toy you really really wanted) and as an adult, life sucks because of everything.

But...cheer up. Life's not over yet. I guess it's up to myself (and yourself) to make life better for ourselves. But then again, it isn't that simple, huh?

No comments: