Wednesday, July 29, 2009

All of a Sudden...

It's been 8 days since I've last contributed to the blogosphere. I've been out and about lately. It's funny how the whole summer I've had almost nothing to do and yes, I complained about it to whoever would listen, that I've got hundreds of things to do now. It's not that I was looking for a pity party but just a venue to vent my frustrations out. My problem isn't lack of interest in things - God knows I'm interested in LOTS of things. My problem is being alone. I hate hate HATE being alone. How do I cure that? No clue.

Now that summer's almost over, I'm finding myself with lots of things to do. Last week, I was pretty concerned about finding things to keep myself busy (and not being alone). The one and only person that I spend most of my time with was going out of town so I was feeling a bit lost and wondering how I would ever pass the time. Even though I never said anything, it seems that my concerns were heard by many. All of a sudden, I've had people contacting me left and right - inviting me over to their homes, spending the night, going out to dinner, etc, etc. My head was spinning trying to fit everybody in.

Now I know how J feels. Trying to accommodate everybody and everything and still try to do what I want. I haven't slept in my own bed in a while. I can't remember the last time I ever slept someplace else. It was probably a few months ago and it was at a hotel. It seems that every time I go out and sleep someplace other than home - it was at a hotel. Now I am finally sleeping over at other people's houses. It's weird. Lately, I have come to hate my apartment. The walls were starting to close in on me. But now, I'd be grateful to be back in my own bed.


The way my plans are going right now - I won't be back in my own bed until Sunday night at the earliest. I THINK I'll be home after that, but a friend's trying to convince me to go up and visit him for a couple days. So that means maybe I won't be back in my bed until the 6th or so. Oy veh!

I can't complain. Right? I'm not complaining now, but I do have one little wish. I wish that everything would balance itself out to where I'd be going out plenty and still be at home at times. It'd be nice to do that instead of being at home for 2 straight months then going out for 3 straight weeks.

Anyway, I better get going here. There's 6 of us here sharing one computer and I think I've used up my time. I'll be back in a few days, hopefully, armed with pictures from the camping trip and much more interesting things to say.

No comments: