Friday, July 10, 2009

A whole lotta effort

The other day, I had a brilliant idea. Why not revamp my blog again? This time - from scratch. AND create two new blogs... one for my daughter and one for my son. I decided that general things about myself, what I'm thinking and what I'm mad about will stay on my blog. What my kids have been up to (and their photos) will go on their blogs. Fun, huh?

I decided to start with banners. I found some backgrounds I liked and customized them. Took me a few hours of fighting with a program that is NOT user-friendly (VERY much like PhotoShop). I finally did it. I have their blogs up!

Today, I decided to do another project - completely changing my background and customizing a banner. I found a nifty background that I loved but it was WAY too narrow in the center. I decided to do a lot of cut and pasting and widened the borders. So far, so good. This also took me a couple hours of teaching myself HTML through a lot of trial and error. But - I did it. At least I'm coming away from this project with some knowledge. I certainly feel smarter now that I can manipulate stuff on my website (mostly related to column sizes, but hey, it's something!)

I also created a banner (this is what you see at the top of this blog right now) using a photo editing software. I'm lovin' it! BUT there are some kinks that I'm NOT happy with so I decided to totally REMOVE it all and put my original format back on. Ugh! Hours and Hours of work and nothing to show for. Oh well.

In the meantime, I've posted RSS feeds up on the side to my new blogs. If and when I post anything on either one of their blogs, you'll see it here. How cool is that?

I'm off - to write a blog about my son. Check back soon!

No comments: